While keeping your mind and body stress-free to begin with would be nice, you can't always avoid stress. It happens to everyone. But you can deal with stress sooner rather than later, and de-stressing can take the strain off of your body and mind.
Here are five easy ways to de-stress, and give you ideas for pampering gift baskets to help you come up with that perfect de-stress solution for you to have on-hand.
- Yoga - It's not just for exercise - yoga is an easy way for you to relax with gentle movements, and refocuses your mind. Consider a towel, yoga mat, and relaxing CD to meditate to the sound of nature or soft music
- Take a Bath - the ultimate idea for pampering gift baskets, baths can be amazing ways to de-stress! A hot bath with bubbles, a relaxing scent (lavender, is a staple of aroma therapists for relaxation), and a loofa scrubber can be just what you need to relax with.
- Indulge a Little - indulging in a guilty pleasure in moderation can be beneficial as well, releasing happy hormones within your brain. A glass of wine or a single beer along with a bit of something to munch on while putting your feet up can be a quick stress reliever.
- Read - Getting out of your own head once in a while never hurt anyone. Read a good book and get transported to another world and away from your problems, just be sure not to be gone too long because they still need to be dealt with.
- Take a Walk - exercise in general can be beneficial for your health and help de-stress you all around. Taking your pup or just walking by yourself, enjoy a trip through the park and clear your mind alongside nature.