Can all of your gifts be delivered Australia Wide?
The Complete Basketcase deliver all over Australia, however, we do have restrictions on perishable hampers as they are shipped with refrigerated vehicles.
When you have clicked onto the gift you are wanting to order, you will see a ‘look up’ box for your recipient Postcode and Suburb. After this is provided, you will see if that gift can be delivered to that suburb.
All delivery information will be estimated once you have entered the delivery address in the checkout form. We provide estimated delivery dates as we cannot guarantee specific times of day with ANY courier service. Be sure to understand that these are estimates the courier company has given us, and we cannot control any network delays that occur or any missorted freight, but what we will do is track all parcels for you and we will investigate if we think there is an issue.
If you need any advice on our shipping terms, call our customer service team on 1300 733 933 or +613 9329 1933 for international dialling.
Where are you located?
Our warehouse is based in Kensington, Victoria. Therefore, all of our gifts are packed and shipped from there. We have a Click & Collect option at the checkout, and all our gifts are available for you to collect. We are inside a business park at 71 Bakehouse Road, Kensington VIC 3031.
Our business hours for pick up are 9am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday (no public holidays or weekends). If you have a special time that you need to collect, call our customer service team to discuss this on 1300 733 933.
How and when do we deliver?
As per most Gift hamper companies, this is complicated, and it will depend on the type of gift, the area for delivery, and when it needs to be delivered.
We use several delivery companies to ensure smooth delivery all over Australia. For areas that are outside of our local delivery area, we generally use Australia Post/Star Track for non-perishable deliveries
If your order is a perishable, we use Home Delivery Service or Xpress Couriers. We will allocate your order accordingly and will send within their estimated delivery times, but remember, we cannot guarantee delivery date or time as it will depend on the courier’s itinerary for that specific day.
We will do our best to ensure a smooth delivery and we will update you when we are given confirmation it is delivered.
Redirection or redelivery of your gift
In the event that we are unable to leave your gift at the recipient’s door, the next steps will depend on the courier that your gift has been sent with. Our team track all deliveries and will inform you of the status of the gift.
If the item has been sent to the post office for collection, we will notify the recipient by text message ourselves to ensure that they collect this within 10 business days. If your recipient does not collect the gift within this timeframe, it will be returned to us and you will need to pay $31.90 for us to resend the item. ($15.95 returned to Kensington and then $15.95 to the new address).
If the address is incorrect, we will contact you as soon as possible to organise for the redirection, this will cost $15.95 if with Australia Post.
Important things YOU are required to be responsible for as the Biller:
- Check the address that you have entered, and make sure the order confirmation email you will receive is checked too. This ensures it will be sure to go to the right address after this leaves Kensington, VIC.
- If you are ordering from a business and using an address of an employee in your HR system, please ensure it is still a valid address, remember that employees move and forget to update their workplace. This has been particularly common during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You must provide the recipient’s mobile number in the delivery information on our checkout. This is important for some couriers (not all couriers use personal mobiles when delivering) and also for us in customer service.If we see any issues with delivery, or if the item is up at the post office we normally text them instructing them to pick up the gift and provide them with the relevant consignment number.
- If your gift is perishable, you must ensure either:
- Somebody is home to receive the gift on your desired day, or
- We are able to leave it at the door.If you are not familiar with the property, you can access Google Maps street view and it will show you the layout of the property to determine if it looks safe to leave. This is very important you don’t want your recipient receiving a rotten gift!
- If you have authorised us to leave at the door and it’s the wrong address, we cannot retrieve the parcel, this is not our responsibility and there will be no compensation.
- If you have ordered a gift for delivery interstate for a special occasion, we cannot guarantee the parcel will arrive exactly on that day or occasion. We use great courier services but with anything in life it may not arrive as expected. Please ensure you are not abusive to our customer service team when enquiring about your gift, we are here to help and will do all we can for you.
- We do not give refunds for not reading delivery policy.
- The couriers may not leave the gift at the door if they feel the property is too exposed to the footpath or if they have had reports of parcel theft, it will instead be delivered to the post office for collection in those instances.
- In the case of a fence or gate obstruction that prevents the courier from leaving the gift at the door, they will leave a calling card for collection from the local post office. They do not call recipients when at the address.
Thank you for reading our Delivery Policy, your care and understanding is greatly appreciated and we look forward to helping you spread the love to your recipient!